Friday, October 12, 2012

What does it mean to be a student?

The most fulfilling thing is to walk into a fitness class (in my case yoga) , as a fitness instructor, and allow myself to be a humble student.  When we can let go of our ego and trust that there is always more to learn, we can grow beyond belief. 

I learn something every time I walk into another person's class. Sometimes I learn technique, alignment, form, or just another way to get to a posture. I always learn something new about myself. Acceptance. Being in the moment. Observing my mind; am I impatient, frustrated, distracted, or at peace with the moment. 

What ever the lesson, I take it with me. I own it. I accept my imperfections as I strive to learn more. 

Next time you take a class, be it fitness, or other wise, allow yourself to be present, humble, and vulnerable. 
There is so much to discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment