Saturday, October 29, 2011

MY HOLIDAY CHALLENGE TO YOU...




November to January, is where I am at most risk of packing on the pounds!! Halloween candy, baked goods, Thanksgiving dinner....and left overs, Christmas parties, egg nog, Santa cookies, Peppermint Mochas, apple pie....ala mode, the list is never ending!! I know I'm not alone. NY Times reports, the average person packs on 7-10 pounds with in this time frame. I've surpassed that a time or two!


One way I choose to hold myself accountable is to keep a food log. I love myfitnesspal.com
( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ ) I use this site to track my calorie intake, food choices, and exercise deficit. They also have a great phone app that syncs up with your account!

I am at a point in my journey where I don't need to use it all of the time, but during the holiday months, I can get a bit carried away if I'm not diligent about my accountability. I at least, have to own it! It is during the holiday months that I go ultra public as well. You'd be surprised how much more you care, when you know everyone is watching. I go public for a couple of reasons.


  • Accountability
  • prevention
  • Motivation
  • Inspiration
My hope is, through putting myself out there for all to see, that you will do the same. Whether you are trying to reach goals, maintain good health through out the holidays, or want to be an example of good health for others, I invite and encourage you to join me on myfitnesspal.com and Facebook and go public with your efforts, successes, and failures (which without, we can't succeed). You can link or share your progress on both sites and encourage others to do the same.

You can find me on myfitnesspal.com through the "community" tab, and click on "Find Members" (on the blue bar just below), and type in my user name, "KellyShredFit" next to the Search Bar, and "Search". Feel free to friend me and follow!

Are you brave enough to get serious about your goals, and publicly own your positive and negative behaviors that help or hinder your success?

You must be 100% honest...We are all human, so no worries! Something you may find interesting about me...I could EASILY scarf
down a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.... and not feel the least bit sick...but if I was really being honest, I could also grab a spoon and a half gallon tub and go to town!! Ssssshhhh....don't tell anyone...

Take the Challenge! Reach your goals...learn about yourself...stay motivated...and INSPIRE others!

Who's with me??
Check out my page!
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/KellyShredFit

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter



No comments:

Post a Comment