Sunday, April 15, 2012

"What are you training for?"


I get this question a lot! My answer is always simple.

LIFE!

I love being healthy. I feel I can take on any thing life throws my way! At 42 (almost) I love moving through my day, doing all those tasks life hands you, with ease. I'm not sore after moving boxes, or doing yard work. I can pop out of bed with a strong back. It feels great!

I'm not without my issues, but looking back at my, not so healthy days, I remember how difficult things were.That was 10 years ago. I can't imagine how old my body would feel, if I lived a sedimentary life now.


Last year I got into a little fender bender. Nothing heavy, but the doctor told me if it wasn't for the muscle support I had in my traps, I could have easily had whip lash. He told me, it was my hard work in the gym that helped to protect my neck during that accident.


So when you see me in the gym pumping out my last few reps, or slamming out a HIIT workout, I'm not training for some big show. I'm not desperately trying to lose weight or look a certain way. And, I'm not training for a triathlon. I'm just training for what ever life throws my way.

What are you training for?

No comments:

Post a Comment