Sunday, September 25, 2011

WORK WEEK LUNCH BOX !!


CHICKEN SALAD ON RYE

I stock my work frig every Monday with everything I'll need to throw together my lunch each day. Like many of you I have little or no time in the morning to pack a lunch. The night before doesn't work for me either because of my night job. I find this method to be the most efficient. If you don't have a work frig, or are a student, this same method works for a quick morning throw together as you head out the door.

This particular meal is great for those times (ladies) when we are craving extra carbs, but don't want to eat the things we crave. The dark rye is very healthy and helps to satisfy the extra hunger we sometimes feel during certain times of the month. I Also find this to be more hardy when I am in need of something more filling than a salad.
Here is what I pack Sunday night to take to work Monday morning:



** Chicken Salad ( recipe below)

** Oroweat Dark Rye ( I put it in a ziplock since the rye bread is cellophane)
** Romain lettuce
** Sliced tomatoes
** Sliced onion
** Sprouts
** Avocado

Chicken Salad
** 2 - 10 oz. cans chicken breast
** Light mayo ( sparing if your a mayo junkie like me)
** Brown spicy mustard (to taste)
** Chopped red peppers
** Chopped purple onion

** Chopped jarred (tamed) jalapenos
** Chopped raw pecans
** Sea salt/ pepper to taste
** 2 tbs. wasabi sauce (optional)

People are particular about their chicken salad which is why I didn't add amounts for most of the ingredients. I like mine full of texture and favor, so I add a lot of vegies and pecans. I also love the taste of wasabi so it goes in my salad! I don't feel the heat of it but I get a hint of the taste.

HAVE A GREAT WORK WEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment