Monday, August 15, 2011

Don't Spill the Beans!


Remember that game? You role the dice and take turns putting beans in your scale hoping it doesn't tip on you first?....

Well, school starts in 2 weeks, which for me means back to work. I love my job and I'm looking forward to going back, but with that means endlessly chasing my tail. Healthy living can be very time consuming. Between 2 jobs, planning classes for both, my family, the house and yard..... taking care of me tends to tip the bean scale. Everything takes precise planning to make sure I have healthy, prepped food for the week's lunches and snacks, plenty of time for my personal workouts, some down time for yoga or stretching, family time, chores, and Shoot!!! Did I set up tomorrow's coffee!??!! This is the part of healthy living that seems to detour most from even trying. Yet it is worth every blood, sweat, and tear!

So today I plan. I plan for a more successful year of minimizing time spent planning. If I stock my work fridg with my prepped food for the week, it will decrease time spent packing lunches in the morning. If I write out my workouts for the week every Friday for the following week, that will decrease daily planning time for my personal workouts. If I use one lunch break a week to shop for work lunch and snack items, that will decrease down time, spent on shopping. I could also use my lunch breaks for stretching or yoga breath sessions in the library as well!

Yes, it is a balancing act of Don't Spill the Beans every year. But I feel good! Reaping the benefits of fresh, clean, healthy food instead of the frozen Lean Cuisines I use to eat, having a strong, fit, young body at 41 instead of the tired, lagging, fat body I had in my 30's causing me to feel old and unhealthy.

I still have areas I'm working on, like relaxing on trying to be a perfectionist all the time. If a bed goes unmade or I use re-run classes now and then to hold onto a bit of sanity, I am working on not feeling bad about it. It's okay to ask for help, let go a bit and be forgiving of all of my imperfections. After all, it's more important to perfect the art of relaxing then it is to maintain all the stress....

So this school year my goal is to find the more efficient ways to live a healthy lifestyle, while maintaining my sanity. Everyone has the time to be healthy. For me this is a choice and I have ZERO regrets! =] It's all a journey and I enjoy the challenge of learning and growing with-in it! ((Holding my bean cup high)) Here's to finding my Zen this year by putting less beans in the cup! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment