Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nature vs. Nuture.......Well..., It's a deep subject...


My most difficult relationship has been my greatest teacher. This relationship has shaped so much of who I am and what I stand for. I often wonder who I would be without this relationship. Would I be this strong? Would I have the balls to face all that I have in life? Would I look at others the way I do? Would I have this much drive and tenacity? Deep down I know the answers. Nature vs. nurture would have been disastrous in my case. In a twisted way, it was the harsh nurture that drove me to swim up stream and fight the very nature that may have dictated a very different me.

This relationship has pushed me to become who I am....who I want to be. It has made me strong and unbreakable. It has driven me to constant self evaluation, and improvement. It has taught me about control and boundaries.

I hope someday it will teach me about forgiveness and the balance of compassion and armor. In the mean time, I am grateful for all I have learned in life and how it has driven me through.

Don't discard. The most difficult relationships are your greatest teachers. Look with in and learn. You may not be able to control how another behaves, but you can control how it shapes you, and what you do with it. Will you let it fuel you into self destruction, or self improvement?


No comments:

Post a Comment