Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let go of other's perceptions and Do You!!

Nearing the last view days of summer break, daytime TV has somehow crept into the background of putzin' around the house in my jammies.

The Wendy Williams' Show...have you seen this? Now I have to be honest, Wendy is not my cup of Joe. I find her some what annoying. But here's what I really like about her; she does Wendy! She is out there without a care as to what others think. Where most of us can sometimes be paralyzed with, "what others think", she is living the life of her dreams not caring about judgement.

Why do we skip the gym when we're having a "fat" day, refuse to get on the dance floor (even though our favorite song is on) ,or resist speaking in a meeting or workshop when we have something important to offer? Because we fear what others will think. Does it matter what others think?.... Why? So much of the time I find those who have the most to say about me are usually unhappy with their own lives and annoyed at my happiness . Or maybe I'm just not their cup of Joe...can't be everyone's! I'm okay with that! The point? When you can let go of other's perception of you, all you have left is your own....you know, the one that can't stop shaking the booty on the chair during that really cool song....
GET UP AND DANCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment